Tuesday 6 December 2016

Back in Glasgow for Christmas holidays to see family and relax and ponder about internet !!

https://www.facebook.com/martina.oia.santorini/?ref=bookmarkshttps://www.instagram.com/martinas_santorini_tours/

I sit here back in my family home and reflect on my 2016 tours and feel so proud of my knowledge of Santorini in telling as some visitors have said "Great stories "But in fact this is the life of Santorini how they lived ,why their are so many churches on the island ,Why there was not a high death count in the 56 earthquake and what do the islanders feel about tourism today .
In my tours I have found a way of answering most of their inquisitive questions but I am not a historian so I go to the best teachers the local people tending to be of the older generation who are very keen to inform me about their lives Even at times on my tours I have stopped a local lady or man to find out a little about their life on Santorini It is all part of making a tour more interactive and authentic which is how I live life and feel .
 Not sure about yourselves but it is harder to be found these days on Santorini with the mass development of hotels who now do their own tours for their guess as I have experienced over the last few years but that is life and commercial world of a touristic island.
I have found my way to live within this circle in my love for my tours and  photography and keep my tours simple,interesting,fun and affordable for everyone in fact they  become "Befriending Tours" rather than a 2-4 hour tour it is as long as the day goes not bad I think for a commercial island
We need from time to time to dwell on our lifestyle and that is what I am doing and feeling that 2017 is going to be another amazing time of showing the real beauties of Santorini Hope you all have a lovely winter
 Best regards
Martina
               








  

No comments: