Thursday 17 March 2016

#Santorinimytours Another year and the start of 2016 season of living on Santorini


You may wonder where I have been, but I can say I never gave up on my dream and I am still developing my amazing tours on Santorini showing visitors staying or on a cruise boat this amazing island which at times overwhelms me in learning something new about this culture and lifestyle of Santorini                                                                                                      People ask me what I do on this Island and my answer is I live here with the respect of the Santorini culture and their rich history over the years in how they have adapted in lifestyles.
They have taken me in as one of their own and encourage me to show people the real island that still keeps their traditions and still try to hold onto their agriculture which is slowly decreasing due to the high demand from tourism.But there are a few young local people who have gone back to developing the land to producing local vegetable products .  I have found in doing my tours the majority of people want to do the boat tours and the wine tours,but there are those who really want to know how the islanders live and have lived in the past ,and as I say to them I am not a historian and find it hard to remember my own date  of birth but I describe to them in how I learnt   about this island  the stories that the local people have told me                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         I am not the best at writing but for sure on my tours you can't stop me talking about the real love for these people and their way of life before tourism and how it affects them today in 2016 .
So I leave you just now and hope that this year I will write more even if my grammar and spelling might not be great as.
All my wishes go to this island for a great 2016 season and year    










No comments: