Sunday 8 December 2013

The summer of 1998 and the beginning of meeting friends that i still have today :)

This was on my first few days of the summer the place that back then became my place of feeling like at home and made to feel part of Oia's village that i still feel today .Nothing has really changed apart from the fact i have got older but there are so many memories of gatherings of friends and celebrations .But Oia is a place with my eyes closed that i could recommend knowing sure the guests would be very happy food wise and pocket wise .





Everyone comes to Oia to sit and have a lovely meal watching the sunset and i remember having to reserve tables for guests I would phone them and as you can guess i always got my reservation even if it was at the last moment .When the season was over the now friends were shocked when we got together in the autumn we had lots of laughs because of my phone manner polite but sharp and were shocked as to how lay back and funny i was and still am.


Amoudie bay it is a place I remember on my first summer when I went down those 270... steps  as you would to buy fresh fish, but didn't think until I went to one of the many  great tavernas and asked if they would sell me some fish so I could cook for lunch hahaha. The owner ( you guest became a good friend ) first invited me to have a coffee and after a chat said "martina we don't sell fish like that "but he gave me some fish and I went home and baked it in the oven with potatoes veg for friends I had invited for lunch .

Here when I need to really take a break and be near the sea I love that closeness to the sea and going to with friends for a wine over some mezes .or just to be a lone taking photos of the boats and even have been known to have caught fish and kalamari which I didn't keep but gave to friends :)

No comments: