Monday 1 July 2013

Kalo mina /good month as we say in Greece

Sitting in a small coffee shop here in fira called Magma and hearing the local  church bells ring on an overcast morning  reminded me of the colourful church on Thirassia i still smile when i tell the visitors of how it became so bright and cheerful from the local priest who lives there .Sorry i can't write what the visitors reply were about but they were all taken in jokes.
I had another for fulling day yesterday chatting with an old local gentleman who has retried and closed his carpentry shop,and in conversation with him i realised that i had bought my backgammon game from him many years ago and still have it but when my young sister comes this year i will explain to her and hope he will open his shop so she can grasp the traditional ways of carving wood and i will take her to show some of his craftsmanship that can be found on the doors of Santorini  ( I haven't got my camera with me today to take photos but watch this space for some of his work ).
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good month to you!!!!!!!Good morning!!!!!

Martina Somers said...

Thank you mixali and i wish you both the same

Martina Somers said...

Santorini is a place for everyone to feel that dream come true no matter how small or great but to share with joy is a great pleasure